These little beauties are the perfect grab and go breakfast or snack! They come together so quickly and cook in the instant pot in these adorable little egg molds. No messy muffin pans here. With these molds the eggs just pop right out, even without any spray or oil.
The egg mix
These eggs came out super fluffy and moist all thanks to the Nut Pods Almond and Coconut Creamer. It’s unsweetened, dairy free and Whole30 approved. I used an 11.2 oz container and 10 eggs for this recipe. You can make this with regular unsweetened almond milk or creamer if you don’t have issues with dairy or not doing Whole30. I ended up with 18 egg bites, so plenty for a week’s worth of snacks and quick breakfast! You can certainly scale up or down to make more or less of these little bites.
For this recipe I used breakfast sausage from Butcher Box, peppers and onions; but you can honestly put any veggie or protein you’d like in them! They would even be great on their own if that’s your jam. I cooked up a pound of sausage and have a bit left over which can be used later in the week for another egg breakfast. Think of these as mini omelets and load ’em up with your fillings.
As I mentioned, I used these egg molds and my instant pot to cook these. If you don’t have either of those, you can certainly use your oven and a muffin tin. For the oven I would bake them at about 375 and watch until they are set, about 20 minutes. When using a muffin tin, make sure to use muffin liners that are well oiled. Silicone muffin liners would work great!
Using the egg molds, start with the sausage, peppers, onions and pour in your egg mixture till the mold is about ¾ of the way full. Place a paper towel over the top and then tightly wrap with foil. The foil will prevent steam coming in and your bites cracking. I still had a few crack, but they taste the same so don’t worry! Place the mold on the trivet that comes with the set, pour in 1 cup of water into your pressure cooker. I cooked mine for 12 minutes and let the steam naturally release for about 5 minutes before releasing manually. Carefully pull out the trivet and set aside your mold, moving onto your next one if you’re making multiples. You can then just flip the mold over and pop out the bites!
These will last in your fridge for a week, but I don’t think you’ll have any issues gobbling them up before then! You can eat them cold or quickly pop them in the microwave for about 30 seconds to heat through. Top them with hot sauce, avocado, salsa or everything but the bagel seasoning.
I hope you enjoy these little bites! Leave me a comment and let me know how you made them yours!
Delectable Whole30 Egg Bites
- 10 eggs
- 11.2 fl oz Nut Puds Original Almond & Coconut Creamer - unsweetened and dairy free
- Salt & Pepper
- ½ Red Pepper diced
- ½ a small onion diced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- Heat a medium skillet over med/high heat and add breakfast sausage stirring to brown and break apart
- Heat another skillet over med/high heat and add olive oil, once hot add in peppers and onion, season with salt & pepper
- Continue cooking peppers and onions until tender about 5 minutes
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, creamer and salt & pepper to taste
- Scoop the sausage, peppers, onions into the bottom of your molds and top with your egg mixture until about ¾ of the way full.
- Place a paper towel over the top and wrap with foil as tight as you can.
- Pour in 1 cup of water into the bottom of your pressure cooker, place the trivet with the mold inside. Seal your pressure cooker and cook for 12 minutes. Let naturally release for about 5 minutes and then manually release. Remove and repeat with your other mold.
- Pop out your finished egg bites and repeat if you still have extra fillings and eggs