This isn’t your plain old chicken salad, thanks to the Primal Kitchen Chipotle Mayo, this is a chicken salad with a kick! That little extra spice from the chipotle kicks it up a notch, taking your chicken salad to a whole new level. This is another great make ahead dish and eat through the week. You can top this chicken salad on salads, sweet potato toast, wraps or crackers if not doing a Whole30. It’s honestly so flavorful you could just eat it by itself.
The recipe is for just one pound of chicken, but I highly suggest you at least double that. It’ll be gone fast and you’ll definitely be looking for more, I promise. The amount of mayo in the recipe can also be adjusted based on your preference. If your chicken is drier it’ll soak up a lot of the mayo so you may need to add more, or you just may prefer it to be a little bit heavier. The amount here is very light, but the mayo is so flavorful you don’t need a ton.
For the chicken itself, I prefer to roast the chicken which can take a bit longer but can be juicier, just don’t overcook it! If you’re short on time you can boil the chicken and then dice or shred, pop into your instant pot, or even use canned if that’s your jam. Whichever way you go, try and keep your chicken nice and juicy. If you’re unsure use a meat thermometer to get that perfect 165 degrees. Depending on thickness of the breast I roast mine at 375 for about 35-45 min, seasoned with salt and pepper.
My favorite way to eat this is topped on a loaded salad. No dressing needed as the chicken salad brings enough flavor to it. Sprinkle on the ever popular everything but the bagel seasoning and you have a winner. Second favorite is topped on sweet potato toast which I know sounds weird, but I promise it is surprisingly good! Of course, as I said if you’re not doing Whole30 a wrap or crackers are great. I use the Siete Burrito size wraps for a gluten free option topped with some sliced almonds inside for a little extra crunch!So many different ways to utilize this salad, I can’t wait for you to make it and share your ideas!
Chipotle Lime Chicken Salad
- 1 lb chicken roasted & diced
- 1/3 cup red onion diced
- 1 large celery stalk finely diced
- 1/3 cup Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayo
- If roasting your chicken, preheat the oven to 375, pat your chicken dry, drizzle with olive oil on both sides and season with salt and pepper. Place in a glass baking dish and into the oven for 35-45 minutes or until chicken reaches 165 degrees
- While your chicken is cooking, dice up your onion and celery and add to a large bowl
- Dice up your chicken when cooked and add to your bowl, stir in the mayo mixing well to combine